Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Curl a guy's very straight hair, or make it wavy...?

I have really straight hair and I have actually tried the curling iron thing, the small one since my hair really isn't that long but in the end it kinda of just turns out poofy. I want to make it look natural in a way but I just wanted to know if there are any hair care products thar are worth buying to make my hair curly, or like a little curly, or atleast wavy.



Curl a guy's very straight hair, or make it wavy...?

I am a hairdresser.The only thing that will truly make straight hair curly is a perm. There isn't any other answer besides a curling iron.All the products that are advertising that they will make your hair curly......read more carefully. They can add volume but only a perm can break down the dissulfide bonds in the hair and make them adhere to the shape of the rod.If you want to try the curling iron again,spray hairspray on each section right before you curl it. They hairspray will make it crunch rather than frizzy.After curling all the sections,use your fingers to seperate the curls and soften them but do NOT brush it afterwards.If your hair is long enough,you could also try scrunching it while you are drying it: Put gel inwet hair.While blowing dry on LOW use your hands to grab the hair in handfulls and squeeze it towards your scalp.Or try the diffuser attachment that pushes the hair towards the scalp. I would recommend a very very loose perm.



Curl a guy's very straight hair, or make it wavy...?

Scrunch it for the day... that or get a perm and then your hair will never be straight again. Which ain't so exciting! Trust me... I had about three of them. It sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment