Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hair colour keeps washing out?

For hair colouring experts out there: any idea how long before permanent hair colour should should stop washing out with every wash? It's been about two weeks, and the water still runs with colour when I wash my hair. (I do use shampoo+conditioned for colour treated hair) I've used hair colouring products several times, I've tried Garnier and L'Oreal (colours: blueberry black, intense auburn, ultraviolet brown) and each time, the colours wash out quite quickly. I do follow the colouring instructions (not washing hair beforehand, using approperiate hair care products afterwards). Any ideas what the problem is? The hair colour just does not seem to stick to my hair well (my hair is naturally light brown). Thanks!



Hair colour keeps washing out?

Intense colors fade very quickly even when you are using all the right products. I have had good luck with using a matching semi-permanent color the same day that I have applied the permanent color. My hair is naturally very porous and color tends to fade quickly, the semi-permanent seems to help lock it all in and gives my hair a lot of shine. It usually takes a good 10 to 15 minutes of rinsing the initial color application out for me to not have color constantly running in my rinse water everytime I shampoo. If I'm pressed for time and don't rinse for that long I end up with the same color running issue as you have, for weeks on end.



Hair colour keeps washing out?

If your hair is very damaged it could be why your color is not staying put.



You could try a product called Revlon Colorist Expert Color and Glaze System. It comes with a tube of conditioning creme with color in it, so that each time you use it you get a new dose of color, without the damaging effects.



Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment