Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Using "Castor Oil" on hair is good? or bad?

I know this might sound bit weird to all of you, but i want to know using "Castor Oil" to comb the hair and get that mafia look is bad for hair or not? because one of my friends told me that Castor Oil can make hair to prematurely turn gray. is there any truth behind this?, I am using "Castor Oil" because i am very sensitive to hair gels and most hair care products do give me really bad headaches, Castor oil easily does not dry up as other things and it stays the way i like to but i am bothered about my friends comment.



Using "Castor Oil" on hair is good? or bad?

Hi. Don''t worry yourself over this one. The only way your hair is going to turn gray is to do it naturally or if you colored it with a chemical and it ended up looking gray. This is obviously a myth..or perhaps the friend that told you this has tried it and the color of their hair and the combination of the oil might have made their hair look grayish or something. But it's nothing a little bit of shampoo won't take care of. Now it is possible for the oil to cause a build up on the hair and when you get a build up it can tend to have a gray look. If you use it regularly, I would suggest a weekly clarifying shampoo. You can find clarifying shampoos anywhere shampoo is sold. They are safe to use everyday unless you have extremely dry hair..which I doubt is true with you since you are using this oil on your hair. I have blonde hair and some of the products that I have used have caused a buildup on my hair and it has caused it to have a grayish tint. When this happens I usually use a clarifying shampoo to help remove the build-up..and if it's really bad, I mix a little baking soda in with the shampoo to make it like a paste and shampoo my hair with it, leave it on for a couple of minutes then rinse thouroughly. This will remove any buildup..and I would imagine that castor oil would probably cause a buildup after continous use. Hope this helps you with your question..and don't worry..you are not going to go gray by using castor oil!



Using "Castor Oil" on hair is good? or bad?

I see no reason why it would turn ur hair grey..???



this has to be a myth.. or he was just yanking ur chain.... so to speak..



Oil of any kind is good.. oops motor oil.. is a bit too much..



I would say everything is fine..



happy holidays..

No comments:

Post a Comment