Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

My 14 month old son is mixed (hubby is black) and lately his hair seems to be getting very dry. I have two mixed step-children and thier hair leans more toward the white side, as does my son's. The problem is lately it's been getting very dry at the ends. When I try black hair care products on him they tend to be a little too heavy for his hair texture, and it winds up looking worse. His hair has more of a white texture, with curls. Any advice would be appreciated.



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

I am mixed and my hair is nothing like white or black people's hair. I use luster's pink oil moisterizer but, I use the light kind. It's not as heavy. I also can't wash my hair everyday but, I do wet it down everyday and pick it out and apply the pink oil. Then I just let it dry. It curls up and I'm on my way. It might take a while to figure out exactly what works for his hair but, you'll figure it out. And to those people telling you that you should have thought of this before you had a mixed child are ignorant. You never know what a mixed child's hair will be like until you have the child! And, how are you going to learn if you don't ask? That's why I see mixed kids with their hair lookin' all crazy because their mama's are afraid to ask anyone for fear of getting answers like that! Good luck!



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

no, people like Glorious don't know that not all biracial children are born with the usual. Some actually have hair that is like Caucasians, some have kinky hair so you just never now.



Folks also should know that Glorious didn't tell the truth, she's just mad that no one agrees. Report It



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

Why don't you use some gel or Lotion just to get the hair to lay down and add moisture to the ends.



Or just keep it cut short (close to the scalp)



if that doesn't due. . .go to a hairdresser that does ethnic hair (a brown person) and ASK. . .Good Luck



May I please add that if you are of another race and have children with a brown person. .. The hair can come out many different ways, including more towards the ethnic side.



So for people that have mixed children, please take them to a hairdresser that KNOWS how to do hair of this texture.



P.S. For those that gave me the thumbs down. . .may I add that I am the product of a mixed marriage . . .I was giving an honest and positively helpful opinion. .



It is and was only the Truth. . .



This is statement is for those of you that are probably Caucasian and have no clue. . .if the shoe fits, wear it!



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

I used the Vaseline hair tonic on my son, it worked really well, even for cradle cap.



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

How often are you washing his hair? Maybe you should only wash it every other time in the bath. Also, make sure you are using conditioner - Johnson's makes baby shampoo and conditioner. Maybe condition his hair every time you give him a bath but shampoo every other time.



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

friend of mine has mixed children she uses babyoil.or try a leave in conditioner.



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

have his ends trimmed, and use olive oil to moisturize,,,only a little, leave it on a few hours then wash it out. This works nicely for all hair textures. God Bless



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

try going to a black hair salon, they should be able to recommend you something for the baby



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

try both together with small amounts he is still a baby



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

try the light stuff or just lotion, regular lotion. my sister-in-law did this to her daughter and her hair is still healthy and thick today.



or of course, you can ask someone you know personally that has a mixed kid.



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

Try Nexxus Humectress Conditioner, work wonders. Its not oily just provides moisture. Put small amount in palm of hands and massage through hair...leave in. : )



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

Try Infusium 23.it's a spray . My hair has change over the last few yrs.I love it .



GOD BLESS



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

I have bought theis stuff called corn row magic (it was in a pump spray) a while ago for my (mixed) daughter, for the same reason, everyone gave sujestions but they were all to heavy feeling for her hair so I tried everything and found this works great on her and also makes her hair look like it is wet, and it not greasy either.



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

ask a afro hair salon for some advice on products because their are products out there for this hair texture



http://www.intermix.org.uk/pzone/FEA_07_...



http://www.blackbeautyandhair.com/html/d...



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

I don't know if this will work but I would suggest you try Aussie



"HAIR INSURANCE"



nfd閳?br>Help? Mixed baby hair question.?



Some of these people are so f-ing rude. Just ignore them.



I'm a white dude with two half-black daughters. Their hair isn't washed everyday as this does dry it out. Also, they use a combination of things. I know for a fact that they use Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer....its in my cabinet at home.



Hope I helped.



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

My son had a similar problem and the doctor said to use coconut oil type stuff. But he is a different mix so this might not apply.(hispanic and white)



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

my nephew is black %26amp; asian I use dove moisturizing shampoo %26amp; conditioner on both our heads and it works for him %26amp; me, plus for the dry hair try there smooth %26amp; soft anti-frizz creme I think it's called. well here is the link,



http://www.dove.us/your_hair/intense_moi...



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

how can you do your husband's hair when he has dreadlocks.....do u mean u help maintain it.........and don't get mad at GLORYUS she is right.....u need to think about these things before u have biracial children.....do research........obviuosly he is too young to have heavy care products in his hair........ask around.....go to different black beauty hair product stores and see if u find something light that give results........or ask other people with biracial kids with hair similar to your baby's hair......GOODLUCK!!!!!!



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

Try hair serum or baby oil. Black hair products are a no no.



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

go to a doctor



Help? Mixed baby hair question.?

No offense, but this is stuff you should learn before you give birth to a biracial child.



edit: I got thumbs down for telling the truth? Look Im not racist or anything ( I have biracial cousins and I date white men). Im just telling you that you SHOULD learn stuff like this when you know you are having a biracial child. It better prepares you.. Its just like shopping for baby girl clothes when you know you are having a baby girl. DUH!

No comments:

Post a Comment